What Kenepuru Water Taxi is all about:
Pete has been coming to the Sounds since early 1960's, before finally moving here permanently in the late 1990's. He was involved in the pioneering days of the mussel farming industrie in the 1970's and has since worked for several large mussel companies skippering their boats, maintaining farms, seeding and harvesting mussels. He also has his own marine farm.
- No time-table means service when you need it
- Transport options in Kenepuru and Pelorus Sounds
- Pickup/Drop off in Havelock
- Kenepuru 1 is a 7mm aluminum boat built in 2006, and is licensed for 10 passengers.
- With Pete's vast knowledge and experience, he will be able to give you an insight into the Kenepuru Sound - a place of forever changing scenery and beauty.
There's a wide range of accommodation available in the Kenepuru Sound, from the humble tent site to luxury resorts. You can sit around and relax, or go out and explore. It's a paradise for artists and photographers, even when the weather is less than perfect. There's something to suit everyone.
Let Pete show you the many moods and interesting places of the Kenepuru Sound.